Geophysical Operations - IAGC-IOGP Documents
Geophysical operations take place throughout the world, on land, sea and in areas between the two. They are carried out in terrains varying from deserts to mountains, in shallow and deep water regions, and even near centers of population.
The range of geophysical operation which are undertaken vary greatly, and may include the use of facilities and equipment such as seismic vessels, airboats, a range of different types of vehicle, marine seismic energy sources, explosives, seismic streamers and much more.
Whenever a geophysical operation is planned, due consideration should be given to the potential risks to company and contractor personnel, third parties and the environment associated with the operation to be undertaken.
This webpage provides reference to a range of key documents for the use of the geophysical community which should provide a sound basis for the development and implementation of a sound HS&E management system for geophysical operations.
FD - Free Download from OGP’s website at www.iogp.org.uk
Note: All Prices quoted are for IAGC members.
- Operating Management System Framework OGP Report #510 June 2014 FD
- OMS in Practice. A Supplement to Report No. 510, Operating Management System Framework OGP Report #511 June 2014 FD
- Guidelines for the Development and Application of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems. OGP Report #210 July 1994 – FD
- HSE Management - Working together in a Contract Environment. OGP Report #423 Jun 2010 – FD
- HSE Aspects in a Contracting Environment for Geophysical Operations. OGP Report #432 Dec 2009 – FD
- IAGC Security and Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) Guidelines for the Geophysical Industry – April 2014 FD
- Security Management System – Processes and Concepts in Security Management - OGP Report #512 July 2014 FD
- Offshore Helideck Review Checklist. OGP Report #322 Nov 2001 – FD (Historical ref only). See CAP438
- Aircraft Management Guide. OGP Report #390 July 2008 – FD
- HSE Competence Assessment and Training Guidelines for the Geophysical Industry.
OGP Report #292 Jun 1999 – FD
- Guidelines on Permit to Work Systems. OGP Report #189 Jan 1993 – FD
- Guidelines for HSE Auditing in the Geophysical Industry. OGP Report #245 Sep 1996 – FD
- Glossary of HSE Terms. OGP Report #244 Sep 1996 – FD
- Loss Costing Guidelines. OGP Report #246 Oct 1996 – FD
- Quantitative Performance Measures of HSE Management System Effectiveness.
OGP Report #260 Jul 1997 – £8
- Human Factors – a means of improving HSE performance.OGP Report #368 Jun 2005 – FD